DSI is hosting our Spring Symposium on Saturday, March 18th from 9:45am-4pm in the Reitz Union Grand Ball Room.
Come spend your Saturday at the largest DSI event of the year - our annual Symposium.
Begin the day with Einstein's bagels for breakfast, remarks from DSI leadership and the UFII Director, and a keynote by Jack Kendall, the founder of a Deep Learning startup here in Gainesville.
The symposium continues with speakers from a wide range of research fields at UF in three breakout sessions of four speakers each.
Learn about computer vision, bioinformatics, political forecasting, business analytics, and more.
Our symposium will also include two rounds of workshops with several choices in each round- so you can brush up on your Python, learn about data visualization, or deepen your knowledge of machine learning.
This is a fantastic opportunity to network with students and faculty who are passionate about the impact of data science and the tools they utilize to realize that impact.
Breakfast and Lunch will be served.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP through this form: https://goo.gl/forms/p6OJ9ppLLfmumfXK2
The schedule is below:
- 9:45 - 10:30 Registration & Breakfast Opens in Grand Ballroom
- 10:30 - 10:45 Introduction by DSI Leadership - Gordon Wilson, DSI President
- 10:45 - 11:00 Dr. George Michailidis, UFII Director
- 11:00 - 11:25 Keynote: Jack Kendall - Designing Neuromorphic Hardware for Machine Learning
- 11:30 - 11:55 Breakout Session 1 (20 minute presentations, 5 minute Q&A)
- 12:00 - 12:25 Breakout Session 2 (20 minute presentations, 5 minute Q&A)
- 12:30 - 12:55 Breakout Session 3 (20 minute presentations, 5 minute Q&A)
- 1:00 - 2:00 Lunch
- 2:00 - 2:45 Workshop Session 1
- 2:50 - 3:40 Workshop Session 2
- 3:40 - 4:00 Closing Remarks and How to get involved